Sunday, March 3, 2013

McLaughlin Originals

For the past 5 weeks the big kids have stayed after school for one hour every Thursday to participate in an afterschool drawing class.  Each week they came home with a beautiful new creation.  I love their different artistic styles, as they drew these photos freehand by simply looking at a projected photo.  The way they chose to color the photos also made them uniquely their own.

Here's a sample of their awesome work.  Careline's is the first one and Buddy's the second in each of the three samples.  They both did a mighty fine job if you ask me.





These last two are my very favorite pieces.  The objective when creating this piece was to create proper proportions, use the art element of line to show action, and have fun!  By golly, I think they accomplished all three (and with colorful style to boot!)


And I just have to smile whenever I look at Buddy's attempt.  You can tell by the way her severely receding hair line and scarf are blowing in the breeze that it's a very very windy day she chose to head outside and get some exercise!



No comments:

Post a Comment