Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Why The Band-Aid On My Foot, You Might Ask


For about the past 3 moths I've been suffering from a case of plantar fasciitis.  Plantar fasciitis is inflammation of the thick tissue on the bottom of the foot.  It connects the heel bone to the toes and creates the arch of the foot.  The heel of my foot is what hurts the most, especially when walking on it for the first time of the day or after a long period of sitting.  When getting up in the middle of the night to go the bathroom I literally have had to grab on to furniture along the route and tip toe to the bathroom so as not to put any pressure at all on my heel.

Finally convinced that the condition was not going to heal (pun not intended) on its own...I went to see a Podiatrist today.  He injected a shot of cortisone directly in to the most painful part of my heel.  FYI...that hurt!  The good news is that the DR said I should feel better tomorrow.  I hope that's true because the alternative is to go back and see him again one week from today for a second injection...and now that I know how having a shot in your foot feels...that is something that I am really hoping to avoid!


No comments:

Post a Comment