Sunday, August 11, 2013

Out With The Old And In With The New

Ten years ago at this very time we were building our home.  With Careline due to be born around the time we were moving in it was my mission to create the cutest nursery to welcome her in to our family.  Pat and I chose this border together and I painted the top half of her wall a light green and the bottom half a nice shade of purple.  It was super cute and fit her well for nearly 10 years...but she has been informing me for a while now that it's just too baby-ish for her.

So....today after taking a few last moments to look at her cute "baby" room for the last time, I ripped down the border and got out my paintbrush.  Here's a close-up of her wall BEFORE...  


Goodbye little giraffe...


And here it is AFTER.  Careline is thrilled with the final outcome.  She chose her new comforter as well as the paint color which replaced the border.  We've got some more accessorizing to do...but this soon to be 10 year old no longer feels like she's living in a little girls room.
 

1 comment: