Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Ash Wednesday


First thing this morning Careline proclaimed to me that she was giving up playing the Wii for Lent.  She had thought long and hard about what sacrifice she could make this Lenten season and decided that not playing the Wii, something she typically does for a bit on a daily basis, was her choice.  I reminded her that Lent is a long time but she answered, "I can do anything for God".  What a good little Catholic girl she is.

Braden, on the other hand.  When I told him that we would be attending church this evening he asked me if today is a Holy Day of Obligation.  I told him yes and thought the conversation was over.  Less than a minute later he produced evidence to the contrary.  Right there on Page 82 of his religion book, listed in the purple box, are all of the Holy Days of Obligation and Ash Wednesday is not one of them.  Only Buddy would produce evidence in an effort to get out of going to church.


No comments:

Post a Comment